We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

New (v6+) Dashboard Designer canvas resolution?

cbarlow3

We are in the process of upgrading our clients from JRS 5.6 to 7.1, and they are noticing a problem with new (non-legacy) dashboards filling only a tiny section of the screen during runtime.  In the legacy dashboard designer, there was an "Options" button that controlled a dropdown menu that had one option called "Guide" that let you pick the usual screen resolution you were designing for (the five standard options were 1280 x 1024, 1280 x 768, 1152 x 64, 1024 x 768, and 800 x 600).  There was also an option to select "Fixed Size" or "Proportional Size", and I believe this controlled whether or not the dashboard was dynamically resized during runtime (the "Proportional Size" selection had no effect during design itself).  The v5.6 JRS User Guide recommended designing dashboards with "Fixed Size" selected (and presumably choosing the most common screen resolution amongst the anticipated users of the dashboard), and then changing it to "Proportional Size" right before saving.

Starting with the new dashboard designer introduced in v6, I can't find similar options mentioned in the JRS User Guide, nor can I find them within the UI.  I do see a Dashlet specific Property called "Scale to Fit", where the possible choices are "None", "Width", "Height", and "Dashlet" (what exactly does it mean to scale a dashlet to the size of the dashlet?), but I don't think this accomplishes the same thing.

Does anyone know where to find the equivalent of the Options | Guide setting and the Options | Fixed/Proportional Size setting?  If not, does anyone know the best way to resolve the problem of new dashboards not scaling properly at runtime?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@swood_1
Thanks for the link. I'm having the same issue and have already tried modifying not only the properties of the dashboard but also the properties/sizes of each individual report and text box and the dashboard still only dispalys 1280 x 400, regardless of what is set. The dashboard displays in full screen when we're running the report in the Jasperserver or looking at it in the design mode of the dashboard editor, but the moment it's added as an automatically run dashboard the height of the dashboard is shrunk. Is there anything else that may be affecting it?