We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Custom fonts not displaying in reports run on JasperReports Server

luigiw

I am experiencing an unusual problem involving custom fonts not displaying in reports run on JasperReports Server. I followed the instructions here https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/custom-font-font-extension. My custom fonts display correctly when I run the report in Jaspersoft Studio. However when I upload the report to my local instance of Jasperserver, the report defaults to using Helvetica font. I also get a decoding error in the console.  If I run it in Chrome, I get "Failed to decode downloaded font".  If I use Firefox I get "downloadable font: rejected by sanitizer". The custom font also fails to render in Safari.

I have repeated the protocol found at https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/custom-font-font-extension with 3 custom fonts. , All 3 passed validation using Mac's Font Book, so as far as I can tell the fonts are not corrupted.

I am running Jasperserver 6.2.0 on a 2017 MacBook Pro running OS 10.13.6.  
I am using Jaspersoft Studio 6.2.0.
The browsers I have tried this on are Chrome (77.0.3865.75), Firefox (52.7.3), and Safari (12.1.2)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you exported a FONTNAME.jar from jasperstudio and then you deployed the jar into webappsjasperserverWEB-INFlib and restarted the apache server ? 
Then in the jrxml you have the font set for each element to correct font?
You can also decompile that jar via jd-gui to see what is the logic inside the jar. 
Also when creating the jar in jasperstudio, set the PDF Encoding to "Identity-H (Unicode with horizontal writing)"
Hope this all helps, good luck!

Thanks joseng62. Your suggestion of seting the PDF Encoding to "Identity-H (Unicode with horizontal writing)" fixed the problem in the html display of the report in the Jasperserver UI. However, strangely, now when I try to export the fiile into a PDF format, the PDF doesn't display the custom font.  Is it possible to have the custom font display in both the html rendering and in an exported PDF?