We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Detail Section increase

alessio.oglialoro

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

???

When the detail band increases, it's mostly because of "self stretching" fields on it's contents (StretchWithOverflow=true) or because of a SubReport/ListElement that has dynamic content, so the parent detail must grow. So not sure what you want to reach or what's the problem!??!

You can adjust the split behaviour on a band... so default is "stretch", what means, that a detail can span to another page, if the remaining space is not enough... "prevent" means, that the whole detail is moved to next page, if the remaining space is not enough. Immediate, is more a mix of both... I've never understood the correct logic when it should be kept together or not when set to "immediate".

I guess the splitting type "prevent" could be your solution. Otherwise post an sample/screenshot, what the real problem is.

hth + regards

C-Box

I have one Detail with vertical layout:

schermata_da_2019-08-23_10-22-29.thumb.png.47726ff84cb1dff1866b65177339fe00.png

There are some frame each one with vertical layout

schermata_da_2019-08-23_10-38-59.png.226dd6080e268e8b88f453baba620664.png

Every frame has four frame:

schermata_da_2019-08-23_10-42-04.png.6fef0e469570d6a2522577eaafd46fc4.png

When the numer of frame increase in the detail band:

schermata_da_2019-08-23_10-43-26.png.af034f777b6bf2f8a3af62fd5136566f.png

The datail doesn't expand in multiple page.

Every frame has condition: <printWhenExpression><![CDATA[$P{ParameterXXXX}.length()>0]]></printWhenExpression>

Thanks.

Uiii.... complex structure with nested frames. - not nice but sometimes neccessary.

I see that you use "Immediate" for the splitting type... so have you already tried to change this to "split" instead?

Also you should check the "RemoveLineWhenBlank" at the frame element that has a PrintWhenExpression, so that the space could be reused if the whole area is surpressed.

Otherwise I would also advice using several detail bands instead such a "All-In-One" logic... if the frames should not be kept together to one page, there shouldn't be a problem using multiple detail bands.

Also the order in the Report inspector should be corresponding to the logical y-order of printing the frames... so you should order it from top to down, so that the engine can evaluate the printWhenExpressions in the correct order. Mixing up the order can cause strange effects - this is what I've experienced in older (up to 5.5.1) Versions of JasperReports.

hth + regards

C-Box

if you don't set "RemoveLineWhenBlank" to the frame in your first section, then the Frame should actually stay as tall, as defined in layout, isn't it!??!

Otherwise you could also set an "invisible" (white) line/rectangle somewhere to the left/right border, just to keep the defined band in it's defined height for sure.

hth + regards

C-Box