We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Passing `<List<List<JavaBean>>>` as data source from java to subreport

mondal.brata

i Guys,
I am beginner with Jasper report, and I got this below situation. I know this topic habe been discussed here but seriously speaking I went through many topic, tried, but no luck, some how I am not able to make it. Please help me...

Situation:  I need to pass a `List<List<?>>` from my java layer to Jasper to make a PDF. Some post I saw people suggested to use SubReport and in Some post people suggested to use List component in JasperReport. I tried both and finally messed up. Please suggest which one to use to make my work done, and it will be very grateful if any one can pass the source code or complete clear Idea how to implement this. I need this to print like below:

1.Patient Name: abcd
        Test Name: GlucoseTest     Result: 24    Ref.Range: 10-30 mg/dl
        Test Name: TSH             Result: 0.5   Ref.Range: 0.1-0.9 mg/dl

2.Parient Name: efgh

3.Parient Name: efgh
and so on...

Please help, i am puzzled, thank in advance.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

just use the Tests as a List within the Patient class e.g.  (just pseudocode):

public class Patient {private String name;private List<Test> tests = new ArrayList<Test>();... (constructor and filling methods)// returns the name of the patientpublic String getName(){  return this.name;}  //Creates a new DataSource for all tests for this patient so that you can define a Field "TestsDS" of type JRBeanCollectionDataSource in JRXML that can directly used for SubReport DataSourceExpression  public JRBeanCollectionDataSource getTestsDS(){    return new JRBeanCollectionDataSource(this.tests);  }}[/code]

For the patients itself you can also create a List<Patient>  allPatients in your code and also use this JRBeanCollectionDataSource(allPatients) for MainDataSource at filling the report.

Don't use ListElements you will get in trouble with unwanted pagebreaks, formatting and calculation issues. So after 15 years using JasperReports I'd advice using SubReports therefore - you will be much more flexible in future - even if you don't calculate anything at the moment! :-)

hth + regards

C-Box