We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

MisterY

I am trying to upgrade from iReport Designer 5.6.0 to JasperSoft Studio 6.6.0. While in iReport Designer I can run reports without problems I am having trouble to do the same in JasperSoft Studio. I could connect to the repository just fine, can open reports in design mode and switch to the preview but when I select "Run Report Unit" from the menu it fails with this error:

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrectat java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1012)at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.editor.ReportRunControler$2.run(ReportRunControler.java:258)at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)[/code]

It has already been asked here but I don't see any solution there. It ends with someone saying "Needed to make sure that the datasources were added" but I did already add the data sources.

I have used Process Monitor to watch what Jaspersoft Studio.exe does in that moment and found that the invalid file path comes from the temp path being included twice:

converted-file.png.89ce08b3d568d25625f55a75f97ce029.png

How can I influence that temp path, is there any setting for it? To me it looks like a bug in the software but there must be a way to influence that from configuration, since it doesn't seem to be a very common error.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only tried 'Run Report Unit" on Studio Pro 7.1 and I don't have such error. The procmon does show only one temp path. However, as far as I know there is no temp path setting or you don't need to explicitly set the temp path in Studio as it picks it up from the windows TEMP env variable. 

No doubt the invalid path can be a cause to the error but why it is like that is strange.  

Perhaps you can try a fresh Windows uninstall and install of (a later version) Studio and see whether it works. 

I don't have pro (for now I am only working with this for me personally) and the latest community version available is 6.6.0 if I'm not mistaken. I have tried with 6.6.0 again and the error is the same (I edited the OP accordingly so that it says 6.6.0 instead of 6.4.3 now).