We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cannot get subreport to show in main report on JS 6.6.0

rmorris
Go to solution Solved by rmorris,

Hi everyone,

I am just getting my feet wet with Jasper Studio CE 6.6.0 and I *cannot* get a subreport to show up in a main report. When I do the tutorial using the "Coffee" Sample DB report everything works fine. But now I am making my own very simple report using an Oracle DB Data Adapter I've made and having trouble.

I have no problem getting data from the new adapter and the main report objects I add run fine and the subreport I've added, when run all by itself, runs fine but when I use it in a subreport element on the main report nothing shows up.

These are purposely VERY simple reports for the sake of learning - the main report just has a title with a few elements from the dataset feilds on it and the subreport just produces a small list of id's from a table in the same database - that's it. There are no parameters beign passed as none are needed.

I also tried using a parameter and passing it from the main to the sub thinking it would somehow "trigger" the subreport to fire off and get data but that did not seem to make any difference.

Please help... seems like such a simple thing but this is driving my bonkers trying to get to work. I've done things exactly the same as when doing the tutorial as far as creating a new subrleport file from the wizard after selecting the subreport element, etc. but it just does not seem to work outside of that coffee report tutorial for me.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

UPDATE - Apparently I did not do things exactly as shown in the tutorial... I discovered that after performing a "Build All" everything now works.  Hopefully this helps others as I have seen this same question unanswered all through the community now.