We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error Evaluating Expression

Mictog

Good Day,

I am moving from iReport 5.6.0 to JasperStudio 6.2.1 and am exeriencing anomalies with reports that I am testing, and converting, as needed.  I currently have five (5) reports that were in a form of development/testing in iReport when we began to make the move to JasperStudio.  This change is due to a software upgrade (separate) of a system which utilizes Jasper Reports within the software.  This upgrade moved us to Java 8 which is incompativle with iReport.

What I am experiencing are issues with the "language" property of these reports.  In iReport we utlized Groovy.  However, that is not working with these same reports in JasperStuio; at least not all of them.  One is working and three others have been changed to JavaScript and will compile.  Of the three, one is failing with the following error:

Error evaluating expression for source text: (new SimpleDateFormat($P{DateForm2}).format($P{BegingStringToDate}))

This error is presented when the language property is set to javascript.  Different errors are presented for the property being set to Groovy or Java.  The frustrating part of this is that this is a "standard" expression among reports and is utilized in three (3) other reports which are displaying properly (as noted above).  I have evaluated the expression, as I am not a java programmer, using google and the format for the expression appears to be correct.

Any help/guidance as to how to correct this and more importantly, what I am missing and can learn from this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic