Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

IText7 support?

billyhokin

Dear Sir/Madam,

My company has planned to upgrade the IText to 7.0.1.  However, the current jasper report program got an exception when we use itext7

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.itextpdf.text.SplitCharacter
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(J9VMInternals.java:85)
    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:162)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperExportManager.exportToPdfFile(JasperExportManager.java:151)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperExportManager.exportReportToPdfFile(JasperExportManager.java:504)

I found Itext5 and Itext7 is quite different

Do jasperreport have any plan to support IText7? (Whatever in a non-continued supported version ; such as 6.0.3)

Regards,

Billy

For your information: currently, we use Jasperreport 6.0.3 with IText 5.5.9

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

You are probably aware that after version 2.1.7, iText has changed its open source license and can no longer be used in commercial applications.

We cannot use newer iText version with our open source project because the new iText license would not allow it to be used everywhere JR Lib can be used.

Most likely you need a commercial license from iText, and in that case, you would also need to create a PDF exporter for JR Lib, based on that new version of iText.

I hope this helps.

Teodor