We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to make report visible to User "A" only Not "B" which is created by User "A" as jasper user

Hi Team,

I am a Jasper user "A"  having ROLE_USER ACCESS. I have created new report(in user level only) named "Y" based on my existing report "X" with Input given. The "Y" report should be visible to only the User "A"  not the other jasper users. i.e. The Report which i have created and saved newly based on existing reports should be visible only to me.

How to achive this in jasper server 6.2?

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,
The simplest way would be to add a parameter in the report as $P{LoggedInUsername} and update the query of the report adding a filter as ;
"and $P{LoggedInUsername} = 'jasperuser'  "
so the query will fetch data only for that particular user.

And also include a no data band so the other user views it.

Hope this helps,
KKriplani

Thanks for your reply @kkriplani. It is not about filtering the records based on loggedInUser. Following is my usecase.
User will be created automatically in jasper server when i m navigating from my java application.
All the user will be having ROLE_USER access by default and they can view all the reports available under the particular tenant.
Now User can create their new report by filtering records. (Say for eg. Report name is "EMPLOYEE DETAILS Report". Now One user have created report called "QA EMPLOYEE DETAILS Report By Nagarajan" and its Filtered based on Employee Designation(QA). Now i am saving this filtered records as new report with name "QA EMPLOYEE DETAILS Report By Nagarajan").
In this case, When I am navigating from java application to jasper server again, I only should able to view this report "EMPLOYEE DETAILS Report By Nagarajan".
It should not be visible to others. Because I have created this report for my use.
Basically I want to achieve something like private public report concept in jasper.