• Impossible to start TIBCO Jaspersoft® Studio because of workspace problems

Massimo Rabbi
    • Product: Jaspersoft® Studio

Issue details

Randomly it appears that TIBCO Jaspersoft® Studio is not able to start, showing an error message dialog that advise to look into the dedicated log file in order to see further details.

When this occurs, similar error messages can be detected inside the .log file:

[toc]
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.start()
     of bundle org.eclipse.core.resources.
         at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:792)
         at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:721)
         at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.startWorker0(EquinoxBundle.java:936)
         at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle$EquinoxModule.startWorker(EquinoxBundle.java:319)
         at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.doStart(Module.java:571)
         at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:439)
         at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:454)
         …

Solution

The following steps can be performed in order to solve the issue:

1. Backup your current workspace to a safe location just for pre-caution;
    2. Create an alias or shortcut that using the -data flag points to a fresh new workspace. The same can be achieved modifying the Jaspersoft Studio.ini file and replacing/adding the -data information;
    3. "Cleaning" manually some files from the existing workspace:
      • Delete the *.snap files located in <WORKSPACE_PATH>/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/
      • Restart Jaspersoft Studio. It's most likely that you will be missing your previous projects. Simply re-import them using "File > Import > Existing Projects..." and selecting the workspace location itself

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hello,

thanks for your help. With your message I understand that Jasper create files in different directory ...

So I copy my workspace and I delete all Jasper directories. 

After uninstall and install, Jasper launch !!! :D

Many thanks !