We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

data that doesn't fit on the field

ktrinad

By: Samuele E. Locatelli - keyhammer

data that doesn't fit on the field

2003-02-11 14:59

Hy there,

sincerely a lot of conñ­°¬iments for a big and very good project: I'm proud to be italian if the genious who started that is also... ;-)

I apologize if my problem is only due to the fact that I doesn't know in the deep the function of the pakage... but I'm new here...

I've a question about data that doesn't fit on a too shrink dinamic-text-filed: there is a way to allow a growth in vertical (or horizontal in some case) direction to allow long text field to be well placed?

I try to explain in those terms: if I choose fo a 1-line format detail record schema I've good layout for short retrieved record field, but in the case of a longer field it is truncated.

If I choose for more space for the field I can avoid some case of field truncating, but I waste much space and a loose the good layout of the detail printing...

thanks in advance

Samuele

By: Mark Rhodes - mrhodes2

RE: data that doesn't fit on the field

2003-02-11 15:44

select the field on report and go to properties, go to text field tab and check "stretch with overflow"

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

2003-02-12 00:43

Mi fa piacere che ogni tanto si veda qualche italiano... :-)

Nota che l'espansione è³olo in verticale.

Please note that the streatch is only vertical, not horizontal.

Giulio

By: Samuele E. Locatelli - keyhammer

2003-02-12 05:32

Lot of thanks I'll surely use it... ok for the vertical expansions... it's for my use!

ora in italiano... non è°olitically correct ma...

volevo ribadire i complimenti e offrire il mio aiuto se posso... non sono ancora pienamente operativo in java e son preso dal lavoro, ma il tuo progetto è¤avvero eccezionale e se posso rendermi utile almeno con il beta testing, le traduzioni e (in un futuro sxo molto prossimo) con lo sviluppo... fammi sapere!

Samuele

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

If you want to do "Shrink to fit" on a text field, then there is a property named "Property Expressions" of text field element. click on that, it will open a window. Click on "Add" button, it will again open a new window. Scroll to select "net.sf.jasperreports.print.keep.full.text" and double-click on it. The name will automatically be appeared in "Property name" box. And set the "Property value" to "true".

Now click "OK" on both the windows.

And its done.

If not done yet, then try to set the property named "Stretch type" of that field to "Relative to Band Height".

I think this will help you.