JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

HELP (URGENT)

2004 IR Help

By: Sofiane - sofianito

HELP (URGENT)

2002-11-07 10:18

I installed iReport 0.0.6 but I still have a problem when testing the connection to the database, i got the following exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/util/Properties: method setProperty(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;not found

at org/hsqldb/Log.open

at org/hsqldb/Database.<init>

I'm using MSJVN 3805

Th MS JVM Classpath contains the following:

C:Windowsjavaclasses

C:WindowsjavaPackages

C:jakartaJasperreportslibhsqldb.jar

The Classpath( env variable ) contains:

C:iReport-0.0.6bin

C:iReport-0.0.6binlibs

C:j2sdk1.4.0_01jrelibrt.jar

C:jakartacommons-beanutils.jar

C:jakartacommons-collections.jar

C:jakartacommons-digester.jar

C:jakartaitext-0.92.jar

C:jakartajasperreports.jar

C:jakartaxerces.jar

Can u tell me please what is wrong?

Thanks

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: HELP (URGENT)

2002-11-07 10:29

Sorry, but hsql JDBC driver require java 1.2 and iReport can talk only java 1.1.4 (most part of JDBC drivers are jdk1.1.4 compatible)

There are 2 solution:

1. search if exsists a ODBC driver for hsql and use it for connection in iReport, and a hsql connection (not tested because impossible) at prewieving time.

2. recreate database structure (only the structure) on mysql. Use a mysql connection for working with ireport (wizard, query tool, etc...) and use a hsql connection (not tested because impossible) at prewieving time.

I hope this helps you

Giulio

2002-11-07 10:55

Thanks for the reply, i tried mysql and the connection test is working well, but i have now another problem with the wizard , it tells me at the en of all steps that it doesn't find the class: com/ms/xml/om/Document ! . Does the msxml package come separately? if so were can i find it and how to install it?

thanks

2002-11-07 11:07

what !? Very very strange! Com.ms.xml,om.* come with microsoft virtual machine.

Check that you have the correct classpath for ms java; it must contains minimum the follow directories:

"."

"%systemroot%javaclasses"

The second is the most important. If you cannot find Com.ms.xml,om.* , at 99% the problem is here.

Giulio

2002-11-07 11:14

beleive me i have checked many time the msjvm classpath and it conains the classes, Packages and trustlib , the mysql driver and the ireport-0.0.6/bin

I'm really wondering what's wrong, also i installed th msjvm many times but the problem is still here ( I'm using Windows XP corporate pack 1 )

Thanks

2002-11-07 11:27

I have tried succesfully iReport on WindowsXP. This is not the problem.

Reinstalling ms jvm is not useful. The installation process not repaire classpath problem (it's incredible...but right)

Could you send me the value of thi registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftJava VMClasspath ?

Giulio

2002-11-08 01:35

Hi, I solved out the problem by deleting all the zips in the classes, packages, trustlib and reinstalling the jvm. I don't see an explanation for this but i'm sure there is a bug there.

thanks any way.

NB: I noted something too, that the jdbc drivers should be present in both msjvm classpath and env classpath in order to compile and preview the result pdf.

2002-11-08 01:40

The jdbc driver is not be necessary in msjvm classpath if you compile and preview *only* because it is passed only as parameter to IReportCompiler on cmd line. IReportCompiler is runned in a java pure 1.2 environment as a standalone program.

I'm happy that you have solved problem :-)

Giulio

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic