JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Multipage HTML report

2005 IR Help

By: Luc Feys - telenko

Multipage HTML report

2004-11-08 00:38

Hi,

I am evaluating report engines for a (very near) future project. Based on the documentation and praising posts in newsgroups my choice has fallen on JasperReports...Well almost.

As you can see from the title of this post I have a question a lot of people in these newsgroups had before me. The problem is I never found a satisfying answer: I would like to be able to split a report generated by JasperReports in a few HTML pages with 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons.

As far as I can see there is no direct support for this, but a quick look in the code makes me think it is quite feasible. I was thinking of extending the JRHtmlExporter class and providing some way of access to the (now protected) 'exportPage' method. As far as I can see, all I have to make sure of is that all parameters are correctly initialized in my class (which is now done in the 'exportReport' method).

But I am having doubts. I saw a post of beginning 2002 where teodor said he had put this matter on his TODO list. But since I can't really find any trace of it yet, maybe the solution to this problem is a lot harder than I think it is now. After all, at this moment I hardly know a thing about JasperReports.

So I was hoping on any suggestions of you guys.

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic