JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Upgrading Jasper

By: lfoggy63 - lfoggy63

Upgrading Jasper

2006-05-13 13:49

Hi,

I am upgrading from 0.6.3 to 1.2.2. This is part of my code.

JasperPrint r = null;

if ( compiledFile != null ) {

r = JasperFillManager.fillReport(compiledFile,

parameters, datasource );

}

This works under 0.6.3, but under 1.2.2, it throws a:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/jasperreports/engine/fill/JRHorizontalFiller

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:601)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:517)

obviously a classpath issue. But why? I compile the xml in my code sucessfully and obviously JasperFillManager itself was found, so jasperreports.jar should be on the classpath already. Why this works under 0.6.3 and not under 1.2.2.

I am depolying an ear file under Jboss.

Any hints or help would be appreciated.

By: lfoggy63 - lfoggy63

RE: Upgrading Jasper

2006-05-15 21:03

There is definitely a bug in version 1.2.2. My code would work fine outside Jboss, but when I ran it inside the container, I was getting the error. Interestingly enough, when I debuged jasper outside the container, only JRVerticalFiller was being called. Not sure why when I run it inside the container, JRHorizontalFiller is being searched for.

Anyway, the fix is to use version 1.2.1 for now. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future.

By: Lucian Chirita - lucianc

RE: Upgrading Jasper

2006-05-16 01:17

Do you have the Commons Javaflow jar on your application classpath? JRHorizontalFiller is instrumented by Javaflow to allow subreport continuations, and it references runtime Javaflow classes. Maybe this is the reason the class fails to load.

Regards,

Lucian

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic