Saving jrxml keeping backward compatibility with older versions

ffumi68

Hi,

our client has several iReports jrxml installed an working on their servers, but they are all from an older version: 3.7.6!

Now, asking for changes on some (several, actually) of their reports, I'm in the embarassing situation that I can't apply those changes, as I dont have iReport 3.7, in spite we declared providing full support to our client's applications.

Neither 4.6 nor 5.6 look like being compatibile with Windows 11 (they keep crashing, in spite of JDK 6 and Windows 7 compatibility mode applied). I'm afraid also having 3.7.6 would present similiar issues, with Windows 11. Should I use a Windows 7 Virtual Machine?

We've also tried using Studio 7, but the jrxml generated is not compatible with the client's installed report server. We can't ask for an upgrade of that.

Is there any chance we can keep 3.7 compatibility, while editing jrxml with latest Studio versions? We don't need anything other than jrxml editing with a GUI, as we can't fix them manually on the xml file.

thanks for any help and suggestion!

Edited by ffumi68

You should be able to use the latest (or any) version of JSS and simply save the JRXML with a previous version. Once JSS is open, go to Window --> Preferences --> Jaspersoft Studio --> Compatibility and set the dropdown accordingly. Now I haven't tried to use such an old version, but that's the idea behind this option. Good luck!

-Mike

• Thanks 1