We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Unable to Add Reports to Favorites for Non-Admin Users in Jaspersoft Report Server 8.1.1

Hello Jaspersoft Community,

I'm encountering an issue with Jaspersoft Report Server 8.1.1 regarding the addition of reports to favorites. Specifically, only users with the roles ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR and ROLE_SUPERUSER seem to have the capability to add reports to their favorites using the star icon or right-click option on the homepage. Users with other roles, such as ROLE_USER, are unable to do so.

Despite extensive search and review of the documentation, I haven't found any specific configuration options or guidelines on how to enable this feature for all users who have the "Read" permission for the reports.

I attempted to grant the ROLE_USER the "Administer" permission for the report, assuming it would mimic the permissions of the ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR, but unfortunately, it didn't work as expected. When a regular user tries to add a report to favorites, I noticed a 403 Forbidden error in the IE Debugging (F12) console.

Is this a known issue or potentially a bug? I'm reaching out to the community for guidance on how to resolve this issue or if there are any settings that need to be adjusted to allow all users with appropriate permissions to add reports to their favorites.

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days