Jaspersoft Studio - Multiple Datasets - Sharing Data

I have a report with which I am using two Datasets 'Open Accounts' and 'Inactive Accounts'

I am using these Datasets in two separate Detail Bands. Within each Detail Band, I am using variables to histogram the results.

Is there a way to add to the Summary Band that can read the all the defined Variables from both DataSets.

I would like to complete some calculations  ( open accounts - inactive accounts = ACTIVE ACCOUNTS) 

I would like to be able to display all three values either in integer values or ratios.    OPEN = 100%    ACTIVE = 82%   INACTIVE = 18% 

So, far .. I have not found a way to combine the two datasets into one dataset run.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to use them in sub report one Data set in main report and other in sub report, now pass main reports field like:  Open Accounts from main to sub report then you can access both DB fields in one environment.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about moving in that direction ... but instead decided to use a Union All query in the CDATA.

The purpose of the report is to tally activitity / inactivity for rolling 12 months. 

So, have a bunch of True / False / Null fields which are rolled up by Month.

Took me lots of columns and lots of variables .. but it is working as I need.

Thanks,