Jasper Studio with Linux Ubuntu 22.04

lagaguate

I have been using Linux Ubuntu for more than 3 years, I have installed many tools and it is going well, but 2 weeks ago, I decided to make reports with JasperStudio.

I downloaded and installed it, and everything was fine. But I have noticed that Jasper studio freezes. And my computer even freezes, causing the system to reboot itself.

If I work on the tool for 2 hours, it causes falls up to 10 times

I am using this version of java
openjdk 19.0.2 2023-01-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 19.0.2+7-Ubuntu-0ubuntu322.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.0.2+7-Ubuntu-0ubuntu322.04, mixed mode, sharing)

I assume the problem is with configuring JasperStudio with Java. Or the Java version

Any advice on how to solve the problem?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't have much experience running JSS on Linux, I'm thinking you can try to increase the memory allocated to Studio on startup. It could be running out of space. This is done in the "Jaspersoft Studio Professional.ini" file in the installed location. You can also try to change out the Garbage collection method identified in that file to G1GC as that's generally a bit better at keeping memory consumption issues down. See https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/changing-garbage-collection-g1-tibco-jasperreports-server for more details on that (same settings should work for Studio in the ini file noted above). I don't believe the Java version would be an issue, however our JRS product only supports up to Java 11 at this time...you could try an older version than the one you are currently running, but I'd try the memory/GC settings first. I hope this helps.

-Mike