We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Disabling JasperServer 7.5+ Encryption/Keystore

darth_fader
Go to solution Solved by Akshay Khedkar,

Is it possible to disable the JasperServer 7.5 Encryption/Keystore behavior around server archive exports? This is creating allot of overhead for clustered deployments, and requires copying/pasting keystore files for consistency. It would be preferable to disable that altogether so in this aspect JasperServer behaves like older versions. Ideally, this would be doable via configuration only - without having to create a custom JasperServer build. I also think it's better to provide the flexibility and make it the default behavior than to make it required behavior. This may be best practice by TIBCO standards, but copying/pasting keystore files to support clustered deployments definitley is not .

Please let me know if this is possible, and if so where I might find the supporting documentation.

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting to the Jaspersoft Community. Our team of experts has read your question and we are working to get you an answer as quickly as we can. If you have a Jaspersoft Professional Subscription plan, please visit https://support.tibco.com/s/ for direct access to our technical support teams offering guaranteed response times.

• Solution

Hello 

You can export data using deprecatedImportExportEncSecret. 

i) Export from the command line:
js-export --<what to export> --output-zip export_what_to_export.zip --keyalias deprecatedImportExportEncSecret

example of export everything in the repository uses the command as:
js-export --everything --output-zip myExport.zip --keyalias deprecatedImportExportEncSecret

To Import the exported zip into the JRS 9.0 :
You have to import the exported zip into the JRS in the following ways:

You can import that export zip with the help UI using the legacy key as suggested in the following document:
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-administrator-guide/v790/import-and-export-through-web-ui

or You can import the exported zip with the help of the command line as given below suggested in the following document
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-administrator-guide/v790/import-and-export-through-command

js-import.sh --input-zip export_what_to_export.zip --keyalias deprecatedImportExportEncSecret

example of importing repository using the command line with this command:
js-import.sh --input-zip myExport.zip --keyalias deprecatedImportExportEncSecret