Report Data Visualization with Flooded Batteries Dataset

Hello fellow community members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently working on a project that involves visualizing data from a "Flooded Batteries" dataset. The dataset contains information about battery performance during flooding events and includes various parameters such as voltage levels, discharge rates, and temperature readings.

I'm using JasperReports and Jaspersoft Studio to create reports and visualizations based on this dataset. However, I'm facing some challenges in effectively representing this data in an insightful and comprehensible manner. I would greatly appreciate any insights, tips, or best practices that you could share regarding data visualization techniques specifically tailored for scenarios involving flooded batteries.

Some specific questions I have:

What types of charts or visual elements are best suited for showcasing battery performance data during flooding events?
Are there any recommended color schemes or design principles that can enhance the clarity of these visualizations?
How can I effectively convey the impact of flooding on battery performance using annotations or captions?
I'm open to both technical and design-oriented suggestions. If you've had experience working with similar datasets or have expertise in data visualization, I would be thrilled to hear your thoughts.

Thank you in advance for your time and insights. Let's collaborate and create impactful visualizations for flooded batteries data!

Best regards,
Annijohn

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Annijohn, 

there are 2 options you can look at as a starting point. 

Nr. 1 - if you use a Jaspersoft Pro Edition you can use the Pro Charts that contains:

bildschirmfoto_2023-08-18_um_09_29_07.png.b58d7431487f7591b4b9bb198fd629e7.png

and in addition you might finde some of the widgets helpful as well:
bildschirmfoto_2023-08-18_um_09_28_52.thumb.png.52ee5669d4de20e0bcb0f78a11142d18.png

Nr. 2 - if you use Jaspersoft Community Edition you can use the Custom Visualization Component to embed external chart libraries. 

A documentation can be found here:
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jaspersoft-studio-user-guide-820/v820/custom-visualization-component

Regards TT