We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport duplex support across 2 datasets

george_26

I have a master report with 2 subreports. The subreports each have records that span more than one page. A subreport page is made up of 3 records each before a new page is triggered. I want to alternate between each subreport on a page-by-page basis. Say subreport 1 has 9 records generating a total of 3 pages i.e. 3 records per page. Subreport 2 also has 9 records also generating a total of 3 pages i.e. 3 records per page. What I want is the main report to run which has 3 pages then page 4 is page 1 of Subreport 1 and page 5 is page 1 of Subreport 2, page 6 is page 2 of Subreport 1, page 7 is page 2 of Subreport 2, page 8 is page 3 of subreport 1 and finally page 9 is page 3 of subreport 2.
One solution I tried is using the current page number and alternating between even and odd numbers.  So subreport1 prints on the odd number pages and subreport2 prints on the even number printers. Unfortunately, I ran into an issue with the page number controlling the visibility of a subreport. I can not be the only one who has come across such a requirement in this world of green agendas and was hoping someone can provide a sample template that supports duplex printing across two subreports.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The only solution I see involves post-processing of JasperPrint objects/documents using the JasperReports library API, prior to their final export to PDF or the targeted export format.

This means writing custom code.

For example, the two subreports could be run normally, one after the other, but once the JasperPrint document obtained, the Java API could be used to reorder the pages inside it and maybe even change the page number in the page footers, if needed.

I hope this helps.

Teodor