We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to dynamic pass Datasource to subreports

m.lorenzini
Go to solution Solved by bigalex,

Hi everyone,

I search a lot far and wide for this point, but I didn't find any solution.

My problem is that I have to create a report that does two different queries an shows different set of data (every set, needs to be grouped before been rendered).

So I decided to split my main report into two subreports (one for every query).
This is my situation:
- main report does not do any query or datasource connection
- sub report 1 has a query for himself, if I run this subreport alone it works perfectly
- sub report 2 same as subreport 1
- when i run main report, no data is displayed

My problem is that when I publish on report server the main report, I do not connect any datasource/query to the main report, doing this I get no data displayed every time I execute the report.
Is there a way to create multiple datasource/query on the main report and then pass those to subreports?

I need to do this kind of parametrized queries because we have production and development environments so, we have 2 different datasource (one for every env)

Thanks in advance,
Matteo.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

The only way I know of to have a connection to multiple data sources is to use connection parameter(s).

Suggestion is:

• Use one of the subreports as the main report or at least use the same data source

(you can select the data source and then place on the main report query  something like- Select 1 from dual )

• Create Parameter (i.e., $P{Subreport2_conn}) on the main report  to use for connection to the data source in Subreport2:
    • Class: java.sql.Connection
    • Is For Promting: Uncheck
    • Default value Expression: java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@YourServerIP:YourServerPort/yourdatabase","UserID","Password")

Not sure what your drive is; in my case, it is   jdbc:oracle:thin

• Set the Connection Expression in Subreport2 to $P{Subreport2_conn}

I was using the same approach to connect five different data sources from one report.

I hope this helps.