We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

AdHoc Cache in Jasper Reports server

jamshaidiqbal120
Go to solution Solved by yama818,

I am having some reports in Jasper Reports Server developed using Jasper Studio. The data is being loaded from the Rest API. I want to decrease the load time and make the report load faster. Is there any way I could achieve that?
My data is being displayed in Charts in the report.    

**What I have tried?**

I have tried looking into ad-hoc cache but could not integrate it. The guide provided is for **v4.7** of the Jasper report server. I am using v7 of the server and it is running in a docker container.

Is there any way I could decrease the load time of reports? If Ad-Hoc Cache is an option, then how can I make it work in v7 of Jasper Server?

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the REST endpoint static (url and parameters don't change)?  Are you using Jaspersoft Version 7.9.0?  If using 7.9 could be possible to use ehcache, but this would really only work if URL request is same and realize the cache is static for some period of time so subsequent calls would interact with same data since it is cached.

• Solution

I haven't tried it, but the 'Data Snapshots' setting may be useful.
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-administrator-guide/v790/enabling-data-snapshots

Normally, StudioReport does not have a cache like AhohcView/Report.
However, with this setting, it seems that snapshots can be used instead of cache for StudioReport.

Ad hoc caches are fast because they are stored in memory.
However, snapshots are stored in the repository database.
Therefore, it seems that the speedup is only due to the fact that the process of re-fetching data is omitted.
In other words, it is important to note that this is different from so-called 'in-memory' caching.

And it seems that we need to consider the timing of the snapshot update according to the system requirements.

I hope this is useful to you.