We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

SUBREPORT_DIR as relative path

marten.carlzon
Go to solution Solved by I am Leo,

Hi,

I am evaluating if we can go from iReport 5.1.0 to lastest Jaspersoft Studio and noticed problems first thing with SUBREPORT_DIR no longer being relative.

I imported a report and when I try to preview it I am unable to because SUBREPORT_DIR is unable to find the subreport, "Resource not found at subreports/SubreportHeader.jasper"

Our layout is for reports, subreports and resources as follows:
<some path>/reports
<some path>/reports/subreports
<some path>/reports/resources

Since we all have different path to the reports depending on the developer is it possible to have SUBREPORT_DIR (and assuming RESOURCES_DIR) as relative the way they where in iReport? Am I missing a configuration or am I using Jaspersoft Studio wrongly or is this just how it is setup now?

Have a nice weekend
Write you later / Mårten

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

I have a file named some-image.png I put in src/main/resources/static/images

And in my jasper template:

<image onErrorType="Blank">   <reportElement style="some-row" mode="Opaque" x="0" y="0" width="3116" height="843" forecolor="#FFFFFF" uuid="33d8b7cf-29f9-45ee-9397-4090f1e648a2">      <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.element.name" value="someImg"/>      <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.width" value="px"/>      <property name="com.jaspersoft.studio.unit.height" value="px"/>   </reportElement>   <box>      <pen lineWidth="0.0" lineColor="#FFFFFF"/>   </box>   <imageExpression><![CDATA["static/images/some-image.png"]]></imageExpression></image>[/code]

You can point to your subreport use the above way.

Hope this can help you.