We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Getting null pointer exception when running the Jasper report

maduraipandian.manivel

I am getting "java.lang.NullPointerException" in Jasper Studio 6.3.2 when trying to run jasper report which is developed in Jasper studio 6.6.0.

Please guide me on this issue if anyother things do i need to check to resolve this issue.

Thnaks in advance,

Maduraipandian Manivel.

************* Error Details****************

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler.fillReport(ReportControler.java:548)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler.access$20(ReportControler.java:523)
    at com.jaspersoft.studio.editor.preview.view.control.ReportControler$5.run(ReportControler.java:404)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.jaspersoft.webservice.data.query.WebServiceQueryExecuter.getInternalQE(WebServiceQueryExecuter.java:244)
    at com.jaspersoft.webservice.data.query.WebServiceQueryExecuter.close(WebServiceQueryExecuter.java:201)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.closeQueryExecuter(JRFillDataset.java:1322)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.closeDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:1303)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:608)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.BaseFillHandle$ReportFill.run(BaseFillHandle.java:123)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi maduraipandian. 
Quite hard to assist. The stack strack is a limited explanation. 

I can only guess that you are making use of fetching data from a webservice. So your datasource is most likely from a webservice, it might not be the main report making use of it, it might be another component that makes use of the given datasource.
So due to utilizing a differrent jasperstuiod version it is highly likely that the Web service datasource extention is not installed onto the given jasperstudio.
 Have a look at this https://community.jaspersoft.com/project/web-service-data-source

This would explain the null pointer as the java compiler cannot find something that does not exist ​​​​​​.  
Or maybe you do have this setup but maybe the schema definition in the report is not correct. Or maybe the datasource is not defined. 
Also somethime when you run the report a default datasource is not set, make sure if you have all of the above setup, that you select the correct datasource when previewing the report. 

Hope this all help. 
Regards 
joseng62