JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Own ChartCustomizer not found by JasperStudio

wisoo123

I have created a chart customization class according to the description from https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v640/working-java-eclipse and added it to my report like described in https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v640/chart-customizers.

I can see the customizer in the "add chart customizer" dialog, but there is a message that says: "The class PieChartColorCustomizer can not be resolved. To run your report you need to update the classpath of your project to provide the customizer class". When I start the report anyway I get the error "net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: Could not create chart customizer instance. ...  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: test.chart.customizer.PieChartColorCustomizer cannot be found by net.sf.jasperreports_6.9.0.final".

Can anybody tell me how to set up the chart customizer?

Some details on my config:

java file: package "test.chart.customizer", class "PieChartColorCustomizer"
    exported to PieChartColorCustomizer.jar
    added json file "PieChartColorCustomizer.json" to JasperStudio (windows/preferences/.../ChartCustomizers) with customizerClass="test.chart.customizer.PieChartColorCustomizer"
    copied jar file from explorer to JasperStudio project explorer (main dir), and selected "Add to build path" from context menu
    in the chart config dialog the customizer appears, but with the error above

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic