"Enhancements" in Jaspersoft Studio 7

jlyons

I've been using Jaspersoft Studio 7 (currently 7.2) for a few months and there are two small changes that are really slowing me down. I guess my "question" is...why these changes?

1. I can no longer copy and paste Highchart property names for user-created properties. There are a few chart properties that are not included in the Advanced Property pane for Highcharts (HTML5 charts). You can solve this by adding your own. I used to do this by copying a similar name from an existing property (say, plotOptions.column.dataLabels.style.fontSize) and copy it to a new property that I added (like plotOptions.column.dataLabels.style.textShadow). Now I can't do that. I have to copy it from somewhere else or remember the property path. I add properties all the time (hate the default text shadow on chart labels).

2. Adding fields is now much more cumbersome. I used to be able to quickly add and then modify fields in the query editor interface. Now I have to deal with a separate window when I d. And it doesn't even auto-select the name so I can just start typing. I have to "select all" first, then I can type. Again, this is something I do frequently.

Maybe there's a valid reason to make these changes, but I don't see it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to submit this as feedback, but I don't see a "Help" option on this page. Where would I find that?

If you mean Support, I originally looked there, but all I see is "Cases." I hesitate to submit this as a bug as it isn't a bug. It's just unnecessary UI/UX changes, in my opinion.