Create a Jasper Report Template from PDF/JPG

mreinhardt

Hello forum,

first, I am new to Jasper. I got a brief introduction from on of our developers, but would like to know more.

We would like to create a delivery note for one of our Japanese customes. The template for the DN is standard here in Japan.
Although my developer told me that we would be able to design/develop the DN, I was wondering if it would be possible to import a PDF/JPG as the actual layout of the ND and add fields or labels if required.
Meaning, Jasper would overwrite the blank fields of the template.

Thanks and regards,

Michael

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael,

I'm no expert and am fairly new to Jasper as well but I think the short answer to this would be no. That said, I did do a screen mock-up a few weeks back where I put some backdrop images into the 'Background' section and then positioned other report elements over the top in the 'Details 1' section.

This worked OK for a simple screen but even then lining things up was fiddly. I think for a delivery/contract note you would be better off persevering with creating all the page elements in 'Details 1' and getting easier maintenance in the future.

Just my 2c and other may have other views.

All best,

Andy

Michael,

I'm no expert and am fairly new to Jasper as well but I think the short answer to this would be no. That said, I did do a screen mock-up a few weeks back where I put some backdrop images into the 'Background' section and then positioned other report elements over the top in the 'Details 1' section.

This worked OK for a simple screen but even then lining things up was fiddly. I think for a delivery/contract note you would be better off persevering with creating all the page elements in 'Details 1' and getting easier maintenance in the future.

Just my 2c and other may have other views.

All best,

Andy