We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperStudio 6.5.1 extremely slow

edilmar

My enviroment is: CentOS7 (updated) + XFCE + JasperStudio 6.5.1 with 8 Gb RAM, 8 Gb Swap (not used normally), file system is using about 30%.

And I also use NetBeans 8.2 that runs fine.

Before I had Fedora22 + KDE + JasperStudio 6.0.3 that run fine in the same hardware machine with the same reports.

When I open any report, many errors occur in the shell console, any action in the interface is very slow, visualization is poor, I don't get to zoom the report, etc. And if I change to another program and then return to JasperStudio, the "window information" from other program becomes freezed in the report visualization area and I have to close and open the report to continue the work.

Below some of the messages echoed in the console:

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-WARNING **: Negative content width -6 (allocation 1, extents 4x3) while allocating gadget (node toolbar, owner GtkToolbar)

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-WARNING **: Negative content width -6 (allocation 1, extents 4x3) while allocating gadget (node toolbar, owner GtkToolbar)

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkBox 0x7f401859da10 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkBox 0x7f3f54505490 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkScrolledWindow 0x7f401ae83570 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-WARNING **: Negative content height -6 (allocation 1, extents 3x4) while allocating gadget (node button, owner GtkToggleButton)

(Jaspersoft Studio:18152): Gtk-WARNING **: Negative content width -12 (allocation 1, extents 6x7) while allocating gadget (node separator, owner GtkSeparatorToolItem)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

My version is TIB_js-studiocomm_6.5.1.final_linux_x86_64.tgz.

Config for ini file is:

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.201.v20161025-1711.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.401.v20161122-1740
-data
@noDefault
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vm
features/jre.linux.gtk.x86_64.feature_1.8.0.u144/jre/bin
-vmargs
-Xms1024m
-Xmx2048m
-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

When I select any visual component JS doesn't select anyone with the rectangle, but the properties are updated.

The shell becomes echoing many errors like this:

(Jaspersoft Studio:9145): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Currently, in version 6.9.0 the error still remains. Even the script already has export·SWT_GTK3=0. I already user GTK base them on Ubuntu 19.04.

This is the first warning which comes:
Jaspersoft Studio:26311): Gtk-WARNING **: 13:27:08.358: Negative content height -1 (allocation 1, extents 1x1) while allocating gadget (node scrolledwindow, owner GtkScrolledWindow)

And then when anything happens on the designer view:
(Jaspersoft Studio:26311): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:27:25.660: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

Any change in the designer view is redrawn only when I scroll down and up on a mouse scroll. Moving or resizing element etc. appar after scroll. I still work in iReport, because I never found JaseperStudio which works on any version of JAVA and Ubunut since it's come.

It will be great to prepare a virtual Linux machine (or docker) which works because it looks like the SWT and Jaspersoft Studio is extremely fragile depends on system libraries.

• 3 weeks later...