We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Font Preview Vs. Live

cschnell
Go to solution Solved by elizam,

I am creating a report in Jaspersoft Studio 6.4.3 Community.  It looks great in the preview.  But if I save it to PDF, or open it on the server the fonts change from Calibri to Helvetica and now all the spacing is off.  It's very important that everything fits as the report is tightly packed.  Calibri is also our official font, so I can't change it.  It's not like Calibri is not available, so why is the font being changed and how do I fix it?

Update: I tried following the instructions here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19232826/when-export-a-report-to-pdf-change-the-font and I made sure to select "Embed this font in PDF document."  It made things worse.  The version on the jasperserver looks about the same except a couple places where I didn't use styles is a completely different font and the PDF has entire fields missing and is still Helvetica.

Update 2: I was looking at an old PDF.  The PDF (from the preview) is now okay, but the version on the jasperserver still looks off and PDF generated from it is wrong.  How can I tell if the font information is getting onto the server?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, elizam.  It worked.  I had seen this part of the manual but didn't understand it was what I needed.

Wow.  Let me just say that I'm not IT, but I have been admin to some complex systems.  This is by far the most convoluted and unintuitive setup I've seen.  Without some of the background I've had, I can only imagine how difficult and frustrating this would be for a novice report writer.  The number of steps that could cause user error is quite high.

I hope others find this answer easier than I.