JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Creating n number of Input controls based on custom filter and filter data

baldeepk

There is a scenario in which I would like to create input controls on jasper server where my input controls have to be dynamic. By this, I mean that the number of input controls that would be listed will depend on some custom filters and filter data that my application has.

Here is a similar example to understand the question Let's say that you have Food Items in your database that a particular company sells. And corresponding to each company there is certain filters that that company assigns to each of the food items. i.e Filter a) Continent - for this there are three filter data Asia, Africa, Antartica So the filter and filter data all are dynamic in nature coming from the database.

Here is the image for sample tables and relationship among them Consider that there is another table holding the relationship of filter, filter data and company.

TZvn1.jpg

Now when the user opens the Food Report on jasper server you list out input controls which contain n number of filters as the number of single select query input controls and x number of filter data that each filter/input control can have.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic