We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can we create Reports using Cross Domain?

syed99704
Go to solution Solved by elizam,

Hi Guys,

I have a scenario where my users want to create reports using Multiple Domains? Is there an option in Jaspersoft to create Ad-hoc / JasperSoft Developer Reports using Multiple Domain ranging from 2-5 Domains and get data from all of them on a single report?

Is there any option available in Jasper to create Reports from Cross Domains? All my Domains has been created from Single DataSource. I would appreciate if you can guide me if there is such an option available in Jaspersoft. Looking forward to hearing from your suggestions.

Thanks in Advance......

Syed

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

No you cannot create an ad hoc view from multiple Domains.  You can include multiple tables from the same data source in a single Domain, but to usefields from different tables in the same ad hoc view, those tables have to be connected via joins in the Domain.  So if you have tables A, B, C & D in a Domain, & you join A to B and B to C in the Domain, but have no joins to D, then you can use fields from A, B, & C in a single ad hoc view, but you can't add any tables from D.