JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Has something jasperserver 5.0.0 web interface to suddenly stop working on windows?

simon_23

I suddenly have the strangest problem that's affecting different users on different versions of Windows. Nothing happens when we click on a folder in the resource tree. We made no changes to configuration and it seems like the only thing that could've happend is OS and browser updates on Windows. Users on linux and mac oddly don't seem to be affected. It happens with both Chrome and Firefox but strangely, users on Windows 10 can use Edge and it works.

I can expand nodes in the tree but if I click on a node, nothing happens in the main content pane. I can't see any of the resources inside a folder. I know they're there because I can see them in iReport and the search on the web interface still shows results.

I can't see any errors in the debugging console and I've tried disabling caching and deleting all the cookies but it doesn't seem to have an affect. I tried firefox in safe mode too but it's always the same. There's no errors in my tomcat log and apart from user interfaces on windows machines, everything seems fine.

It has only started recently and I wonder could it have something to do with recent security updates to browser? I know they now behave differently with connections that aren't HTTPS.

We're on the community version 5.0.0  anc I even tried installing jasperserver 6.something and seemingly it solves the problem and users can navigate fine. As much as I'd like to upgrade the main server to the latest version, I can't do it. I've already been asked "if you don't know what's causing it, how can we risk upgrading? and how do you know it won't happen again?" which is a fair point.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic