We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Create menu option not available

markwilliamson101
Go to solution Solved by elizam,

Hi All,

Hope all are well. Just looking for some help.

So I installed jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0 on Mac OSX. I used teh default options of embedded Tomcat and postgresql. It launches up fine and I can log into the admin panel where I can create users etc.

Looking at the  server user guide, there should be a menu item called create beside the manage button. The create button should offer....

• Ad Hoc View – Launches the Ad Hoc Editor for designing views interactively.

• Report – Launches the Create Report dialog for creating a report based on an Ad Hoc view and a report template.

• Dashboard – Launches the Dashboard Designer for laying out multiple reports with input controls, labels, and images.

• Domain – Launches the Domain Designer for setting up a Domain.

• Data Source – Launches the New Data Source page for specifying the attributes of the new data source. 

However, this option is not there. There is no button. Just wonder is this correct, or can it be added? I am trying to configure JasperServer to connect to my local postgresql application DB so I can query tables, data and build reports etc. Then to use REST to do report download in CSV and or PDF or even asynchonously build a PDF and have it emailed to me. 

Any help or guidance appreciated. Thanks. 

Mark

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

The screenshots and descriptions from the user guide are for the professional edition.  The Create option is not available in community because the only thing you can create directly in the community edition is a Data Source. Ad Hoc views, reports from ad hoc, Dashboards, and Domains are all pro only.  However, you can create reports in Jaspersoft Studio and upload them to the server.