JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

margin problem

2004 IR Help

By: Dmitry Beransky - dberansky

margin problem

2005-09-14 11:42

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with margins in JasperReports 1.0.1. Take a look at this pdf: http://www.dembel.org/mfs_pages.pdf. The file has two pages. Both pages are identical pages of the same report, but the first page is part of a report generated using iReport (v. 0.5.1), while the second page was generated by calling JasperReports directly from Java code.

The first page is what the report is supposed to look like.

On the second page, you can see that all the text is shifted up by approximately the hight of a single line. But only text is shifted. Horizontal lines are positioned exactly where they are supposed to be (so these lines are now shifted relatively to text).

I've tried two different reports with the same code and the problem seems to be persistent. Here's the code responsible for filling out a report:

InputStream compiledReportIn = getCompiledReportAsStream(); // this simply calls Class.getResourceAsStream()

compiledReport = (JasperReport) JRLoader.loadObject(compiledReportIn);

HashMap hashMap = new HashMap();

hashMap.put("query", query);

hashMap.put("title", title);

hashMap.put("beginningDate", formatDate(startDate));

hashMap.put("endingDate", formatDate(endDate));

hashMap.put("sourcesUses", descriptor.getTypeName());

report = JasperFillManager.fillReport(compiledReport, hashMap, getConnection());

This code has worked just fine for a year until we upgraded to 1.0.1. Any thoughts what might be cause the margin problem?

thanks

By: jorge - sirion_oef

RE: margin problem

2005-09-14 17:34

the libs in the libs dir of ireport are all the same that the libs in your libs dir?

is the only format that causes this error?

did you recompile your report with the new version of jasperreports?

ireport and your application are using the same report or one of them uses a copy?

By: Dmitry Beransky - dberansky

2005-09-14 20:13

>the libs in the libs dir of ireport are all the same that the libs in your libs dir?

Is there anything beyond jasperreports.jar I should pay attention to?

> is the only format that causes this error?

Good point. I'll test this tomorrow

> did you recompile your report with the new version of jasperreports?

Yes, the report was compiled with iReports 0.5.1 and then then compiled file was used in the Java app.

> ireport and your application are using the same report or one of them uses a copy?

I'm not sure what you mean. I compile the report with iReport, then copy the compiled file to a http server. My app loads the compiled file using the URL class.

By: jorge - sirion_oef

2005-09-15 09:16

>the libs in the libs dir of ireport are all the same that the libs in your libs dir?

i am talking about that all the libs of jasperreports be in ireports libsdir and in your appdir

what was your old version of jasperreports? try watching the changes since that version to the actual, the actual version has a lot of changes comparing it with the one year old version

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic