We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Parameter Textfield Blank in Jasperserver, visible in Studio

mmceldow

I've designed a report in Jaspersoft Studio with a text field in the header band that is bound to an input parameter.  When I run the report in Jaspersoft Studio the text field displays the value entered in the parameter prompt, but when I run the same report in JasperServer and enter the same parameter the field is blank.  Is there a trick to getting the parameters for prompting to appear in the header?

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There should be no problem doing this. Make sure you are mapping the parameter correctly by:

1. Creating an input control in the server
  2. Name the input control exactly the same as the parameter, eg: assuming you named a parameter as youR_pArameter the input control should have the same upper and lower case letters
  3. Make sure the data type of the input control is the same as the data type of the parameter.

This isn't just occuring with parameters.  No fields "$F{}" are displaying in group, page, or title headers. I'm creating the reports in JasperStudio, and in Studio they work correctly.  I then upload(save) them to Jasperserver via Studio and they run, they just have blank fields in the header bands.

Product Version: 6.2.1

Build: 20160330_2253

Any help is appreciated.