Creating Dynamic query for jasper server in ireport designer

irfan.khazi123

Hi All,

Iam working on HR and payroll reports. i have 3 input controls in jasper server.

1) Company name which is mandatory.

2) Employee Code non mandatory.

3) joining date non mandatry.

if i select company name all employee should get display in report which is working but  remaining two non mandatory inputs i may select or may not i ll select.

please help me for designing this dynamic query in ireport designer so that i can generate report based on input criteria.

thanks, Irfan khazi.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,
It very less likely anyone will be able to give the exact query required and I would suggest that you iniate and ask doubts on this forum as and when you find any issues or need clarifications with the logic.

Some steps you need to know/keep in mind for the requirement are as follows;
1) The use of conditional parameters ($P!{abc}).   (Which I have defined to the fullest I know here)
2) The use of default expression 
3) The use of $X{IN, .... , ...} in case any of your input controls are multi-select

Hope this helps,
KKriplani

What Kkriplani said is true, you should go and check out the information he recommends. But to answer your question I always use something like this:

WHERE company = $P{COMPANY_NAME}
AND ($P{EMPLOYEE_CODE} is null OR $P{EMPLOYEE_CODE} = code)
AND ($P{JOIN_DATE} is null OR $P{JOIN_DATE} = joindate)

What this does is that it checks whether the PARAMETER is null and if it is not null, then it compares to the field you want to filter with.

Hi javier.ggi90,
Just need a clarrification, "code" and "joindate" are the columns in the table right?
what i get from your logic is that you compare if the parameter is empty or has a value and if it has a value, you compare it with the respective column thus giving a filter. Correct me if i am wrong.

regards,
KKriplani.

hi all, i have fixed the issue with following. till company name my querry is is fixed and static. remaning is optional and conditional i may give or may not.

here is my solution. for example for employee code.

1) i have created two param with one name is $p{empCode} and another $p{empCodeNot}.

2) $p{empCode} i initialized in default expression $p{empCode}.equals(null)?"":$p{empCode}

3) $p{empCodeNot} should be prompt false and contaion the actual query in default exp. like $p{empCode}!=null?"and empCode="'+$p{empCode}'"":""

4) pass this $p!{empCodeNot} in query in ireport after where condition and it works.

Thank you @kkriplani you are right.

hi guys for same report i have second scenario which iam struggling to solve i have two dates param fromDate and toData.

1) if enter fromDate date param byDefault my toDate should be todays date automaticaly.

2) if i enter both fromdate and toDate how is my query would be please help me for this.

help me for writting this query.