We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Frame issues in RTF export

By: Sathija Pavuluri - sathija

Frame issues in RTF export

2006-08-02 13:42

When a subreport is placed within a frame and the report is exported to RTF the subreport rendering is messed up.

It is known that elements in a frame have an offset that is relative to the frame.

But only in this case jasper interprets the offset relative to the current page.

Eg:

If I have a subreport in a frame and the subreport element has x=0, y=0; when the report is rendered the subreport appears at the top left corner of the page, while the frame is empty and sitting in the middle of the page (or whereever its location was defined).

And when I have multiple frames like this. The frames are displayed correctly, but all the subreports are piled up on top of one another in the top left corner.

This issue does not happen in PDF and HTML exports.

Is this a bug that is being addressed or is something else wrong here?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Following this question, you will find in attachment 2 report definitions in a zip file and associated output.

JasperReports : 1.2.5

Julien

PS : JRXML definition is originally generated via velocity template processing, I post a manually simplified version. Data structure is very simple.

[file name=pb_rtf_frames.zip size=122742]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/pb_rtf_frames.zip[/file]

• 2 weeks later...