JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

I think I am missing something basic...

By: B Siegel - bernardsiegel

I think I am missing something basic...

2006-01-04 14:20

I am new at this so I am probably missing something really basic but I would appreciate any pointers you may have. I searched around and managed to confuse myself even more...

Thank you,

Bernard

Trying to get JasperReports to work (Eclipse, JDK 1.4.2) and I get this error when I attempt to compile the demo/samples/jasper using the compile target in the build.xml:

[jrc] Jan 4, 2006 3:58:26 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester getParser

[jrc] SEVERE: Digester.getParser:

[jrc] org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: Feature: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/dynamic

[jrc] at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.setFeature(Unknown Source)

[jrc] at org.eclipse.ant.internal.ui.antsupport.InternalAntRunner.main(InternalAntRunner.java:136)

BUILD FAILED: C:workspaceTest Jasper Reportsjasperreports-1.1.1demosamplesjasperbuild.xml:30: java.lang.NullPointerException

By: Ian - yann123

RE: I think I am missing something basic...

2006-01-06 01:46

Oupssss, the link :

http://ensode.net/jasperreports_intro.html

By: B Siegel - bernardsiegel

2006-01-06 06:36

Ok, I read the link (had seen it before).

But it says nothing about the unknown Feature:

[jrc] Jan 4, 2006 3:58:26 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester getParser

[jrc] SEVERE: Digester.getParser:

[jrc] org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: Feature: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/dynamic

It has been suggested to me this is a version problem; the parser I am using does not have that feature. But I am using the xerces parser that came in the zip file. ???

Thank you,

Bernard

By: Teodor Danciu - teodord

2006-01-12 08:21

Hi,

Current versions of JR work with Jakarta Digester 1.7.

For some reason, this version of Digester does not

like the Xerces version that comes with Eclipse.

So to solve this, when you run the Ant tasks from

within Eclipse, make sure you add the Xerces files

supplied with the JR project to the classpath.

They should be among the first JARs in the classpath.

After that, the Ant tasks should work.

If you launch Ant from command line, you should

not have the mentioned problem.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

By: Ian - yann123

2006-01-06 01:45

This link could help you ;).

In my case, I have this error on executing this program :

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: javac -classpath V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrobin;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-collections-3.1.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-digester-1.7.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-logging.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjasperreports-1.1.1.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibitext-1.3.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjcommon-1.0.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjfreechart-1.0.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibpoi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar V:workspaceJasperReportsIntroSimple_Report_1136540177909_556366.java error=2

at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)

at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Win32Process.java:66)

at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:566)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:491)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:457)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler.compileClasses(JRJavacCompiler.java:62)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractClassCompiler.compileUnits(JRAbstractClassCompiler.java:67)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:190)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:131)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:211)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:144)

at jasperReportsIntro.main(jasperReportsIntro.java:26)

NESTED BY :

java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: javac -classpath V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrobin;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-collections-3.1.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-digester-1.7.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-logging.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjasperreports-1.1.1.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibitext-1.3.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjcommon-1.0.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjfreechart-1.0.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibpoi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar V:workspaceJasperReportsIntroSimple_Report_1136540177909_556366.java error=2

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler.compileClasses(JRJavacCompiler.java:62)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractClassCompiler.compileUnits(JRAbstractClassCompiler.java:67)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:190)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.compileReport(JRDefaultCompiler.java:131)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:211)

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReport(JasperCompileManager.java:144)

NESTED BY :

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error compiling report java source files : V:workspaceJasperReportsIntroSimple_Report_1136540177909_556366.java

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler.compileClasses(JRJavacCompiler.java:93)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: javac -classpath V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrobin;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-collections-3.1.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-digester-1.7.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibcommons-logging.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjasperreports-1.1.1.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibitext-1.3.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjcommon-1.0.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibjfreechart-1.0.0.jar;V:workspaceJasperReportsIntrolibpoi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar V:workspaceJasperReportsIntroSimple_Report_1136540177909_556366.java error=2

... 6 more

If someone could help me,

The code is correct, it works on the pC of my colleague...

By: jasperkan - jasperkannan

2006-01-13 10:25

this error is due to jasper being unable to locate the java compiler which it uses to compile ur report . make sure u have the jdt-compiler.jar(this jar is n jasperreports lib) in the classpath .

By: Puppy - praba_wits

Im new to jasper report

2006-01-06 01:26

hello im new to jasper report. i downloaded all the necessery sources. but i dont know how to start with.i understand that i have to create a xml file that will have the structure of the report. after that i hvae to compile. then the compiles file i can use as a report. this is wat i understood.

My application in JSP & SERVLET using Tomcat5 webserver.

Please guide me

where i have to keep the downloaded jasper files ?

how to write xml? how to save & where to keep?

how to compile the xml?

i saw that u are using java to compile. but i have doubt that i have to write a java program to compile? by using javac compiler?

and then how i call the report from JSP&SERVLET.

i know that this is very very silly questions....

since im new i feel that im in the ocean.

im in urgent..

please help me

puppy

By: Pavitra - pavitra_saxena

HOW TO START MY OWN THREAD ?

2006-04-17 08:53

Can any one tell me the steps how can I start my own topic ?

Btw Sorry for putting my question in a reply to another topic ( for urgency ) following is my problem :

---------------

Hello,

I want to use jasper to print the data of my screen (JSP deployed over a web server), with the expectation of opening a pdf document as a popup which could be printed. My Servlet opened an empty popup which led me to write a PSVM program to check it faster.

Now this PSVM program also is generating an empty PDF document instead of a document filled with data. Can any one help me out there?

Only difference with the sample (working) program is I do not want to use a database rather using a HashMap (parameters) to provide the actual values.

For this purpose , following were the steps followed.

1) modified ‘C:jasperreports-1.2.1demosamplesjasper FirstJasper.jrxml’ in order to remove ‘<queryString><![CDATA[sELECT * FROM Orders WHERE OrderID <= $P{MaxOrderID} ORDER BY ShipCountry]]></queryString>’

This was done with the intention of removing database dependency.

2) Run ant clean,

3) Run ant

4) Run ant compile: generated ‘FirstJasper.jasper’

5) copied this FirstJasper.jasper to C:/

6) Compiled JasperTest.java and run the same.

FirstJasper.pdf is generated but the same is empty. Why? Any guess?

Same PSVM is mentioned below.

HashMap paramerets = new HashMap();

paramerets.put("ReportTitle","My Title");

paramerets.put("MaxOrderID",new Integer(1));

..... poulated all parameters .

byte[] bytes = JasperExportManager.exportReportToPdf(JasperFillManager.fillReport(new FileInputStream("c:\FirstJasper.jasper"),paramerets));

FileOutputStream fout = new FileOutputStream("c:\FirstJasper.pdf");

fout.write(bytes);

fout.close();

Any type of quick help would be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Pavitra

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic