Parameters Error

donbrachino

Hello Jaspersoft Community,

I am newbie so please forgive my stupidity in advance.

My boss recently asked me to fix a  .jrxml file he wants it so that when he hits  “Preview” the report will compile only problem is I have never used Jaspersoft before!

I have downloaded and installed TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio-6.1.1 final and I am currently running Windows 7

I have opened the file with studio and tried to preview it but am getting error:

There are compilation errors please fix design.

Report State- Errors :

Parameter not found : CUST_POSTAL_ACC_NAME ---net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignExpression@dc547e

Parameter not found : CUSTOMER_NAME --- net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDesignExpression@2c1f4c94

After several days of trying to get my head round this by combining clicking lots of buttons and also trying to read the user guides/ watch the videos on YouTube I believe I am just confusing myself and making matters worse.

I am not sure how to set the correct parameters or what the database or datasource should be

Please helpppp error(9).png.e0a59cd18be8df69e9e58cd8298263d1.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That two parameters did used in report but hadn't been defined. You have to defined two parameter for 'CUST_POSTAL_ACC_NAME' and CUSTOMER_NAME'. In outline window, right click on parameters and go 'create parameter' and create parameters with same names and types should be 'java.Lang.String' because i assume that they hold a 'string'