How to create a new/edit Report Book template

seltsam1

Hi All,

I've been using Jaspersoft Studio for about 4 months now. Up until now, I've been able to get nice reports using multiple subreports - but recently I was asked to do a more complex project. The "Report Book" option seems ideal, but I'm at a loss to how to create a new Report Book template. The user guide only has instructions for how to edit a Report Book based on the two existing template options (Abstract Book or Wave Book) (http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v610/report-books). Searching for this information is a bit of a pain given that "Report Book" is such a generic term.

I've tried editing the source code directly, but it appears this is generated via "eclipse IProject" so a bit confused about how to create a new one. Normally, I have found these forums very useful and this is the first time I'm asking a new question. Any help regarding how to create a brand new Report Book or to edit the design of the existing template would be fantastic. I'm not asking for a step-by-step guide, just some starting direction. Links would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance. If anyone is awesome enough to give me a starting hand, I'll do my best to return the favor and I'll start contributing to these forums to help other newbies. I might do that anyway :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic