JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

XMLDatasource fieldDescription

2004 IR Help

By: net ma - net_ma

XMLDatasource fieldDescription

2005-07-05 07:58

Hi,

I understand for XMLDatasource, fieldDescription is used to select the feild records. I tried some xmldatasource similar with northwind.xml in sample xmldatasource coming with jasperreports-0.6.8 source package, it works fine. But when I adjusted the source xml to a different tree structure (shown below), it only picked up the first note element given in the fieldDescription.

Now here is the example xml datasource:

<DS>

<DSRows>

<ID>1</ID>

<R>

</DSRows>

<DSSub>

<ID>1</ID>

<SubRows>

<A>

<B>

<C>

</SubRows>

<SubRows>

<A>

<B>

<C>

</SubRows>

<SubTotals>

<A>

<B>

<C>

</SubTotals>

<SubTotals>

<A>

<B>

<C>

</SubTotals>

</DSSub>

</DS>

And I used such selection in subreport <dataSourceExpression><![CDATA[((net.sf.jasperreports.engine.data.JRXmlDataSource) $P{REPORT_DATA_SOURCE}).dataSource("/DS/DSSub[iD=" + $F{ID} + &quot]")]]></dataSourceExpression>

In subreport, I'd like to, for example, select element <A> under <SubRows> and <SubTotals>, respectively. So I define two fields as

<field name="SubRowsA" class="java.lang.String">

<fieldDescription>SubRows/A</fieldDescription>

</field>

<field name="SubTotalsA" class="java.lang.String">

<fieldDescription>SubTotals/A</fieldDescription>

</field>

As a result, they only pick up the first element at <SubRows/A> and <SubTotals/A>, respectively. Could anybody point out to me what I am supposed to do to have all records selected under one <DSSub>?

Thank you a lot.

ma

By: Harlequin - di0hank

RE: XMLDatasource fieldDescription

2005-07-06 07:07

Hi,

I belive that your problem comes from the XPath in your datasource expression ("/DS/DSSub[iD=" + $F{ID} + &quot]") and that you want to display two different kinds of elements (SubRows and SubTotals). Having this XPath means that all DSSub elements will be displayed in the detail band and there is only one such element. In order to display the SubRows and SubTotal you might need a common name for them and then have the XPath target that name. Not sure how to fit the ID into such an XPath.

Good luck!

/Hanna Karlsson

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic