We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

.NET Web Browser Control and "Print"

michael.kolowicz

I want to integrate a web browser control to navigate to my jasper server reports. That is needed wile a don´t want to define the input controls twice: once on the server and once when i want to open the report in my application.

So I use the .NET Web browser control in Visual Studio 2013 WinForms-Application. The navigation to the report works fine.

My problem is: Print the selected report. If I use the build in ".ShowPrintDialog"-Method of the web browser control than print it as a webpage.
When I want to use the "Save as"-Button of the jasper page then open a new empty Browser page with error: "The session is finished ....:"
If I open the report with "&output=pdf" then they ask me for the parameters. But when I select them then the "Waiting ...." starts and not finished.

I have installed Acrobat Reader 11.0.10 and IE 11 on Windows 7 64bit

I hope someone can give me a small hint to solve that problem

Here are examples of my used URLs:
http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=%2FDevelopment%2FReports%2FReportWithInputControl
http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=%2FDevelopment%2FReports%2FReportWithInputControl&output=pdf

The described behavior is with JasperServer 5.6

With JasperServer 6.0.1 i have the same behavior - until I add "&output=pdf". Then no Input-Controls will shown and the Acrobat-ActiveX bring up a blank small "paper"

I hope someone can help me to find the way for using the Input Controls they define on server to show in my onw application

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days