We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

External Database Authentication in jasper server?

emilly
Go to solution Solved by elizam,

I have my web application(has credentials stored in say webAppDB) where i am planning to integrate Jasper server as Single Sign on(SSO).
I am going through Jasper Authentication cookbook(http://community.jaspersoft.com/system/files/restricted-docs/jasperreportsserver-auth-cookbook_2.pdf)
where it provides the External Database authentication. Is External Database authentication valid for Jasper server community Edition or
professional edition

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

There should be a samples/externalAuth-sample-config/sample-applicaitonContext-externalAuth-db.xml file in the community edition.  The examples in the documentation may assume that you have the pro version of the file, but most of it will be the same.  You cannot set organizations, because they don't exist in community. 

Yes samples/externalAuth-sample-config/sample-applicaitonContext-externalAuth-db.xml f files are there under community edition. So it means community edition provides external DB authentication. One quick question :- I have already authenticated the user in my web application. Now when user is navigated to jasper server as part of SSO from my webapplication, which mechanism out of Token based authentication or External DB authentication is better? I believe Token Based authentication as user has already been verified once. But looking for your expert advice?