We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jaspersoft studio https connection

samhast

I want to add a new server to my studio. I always receive following error:

PKIX path building failed:... unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I know following link:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/using-ssl-certificate-jaspersoft-studio-55

But I don't know how that works? I copied the keystore from my ubuntu server in windows.. But that doesn't work.. Can someone help me?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaspersoft Studio is Eclipse based. When you try to open a connection over SSL, java tries to validate the certificate using the known certificate issuers. Because a certificate which is signed (certified) by an untrusted person is useless and dangerous. 

Then, I think that the certificate/key pair used on your JRS server are signed by your own authority or self-signed. It means that Jaspersoft studio can not check the certificate validity as he does not know the CA and he does not have the CA certificate to validate the signature.

Jaspersoft studio searches for the Keys and certificates in a keystore. So, you have to import in Jaspersoft Studio keystore the certificate of the CA who signed your server's certificate. Then, the CA will be known, trusted and JSS will have its certificate to check the server's certificate validity.

You can use "keytool"  to import your certificates.

Describing the whole process in few lines is not easy, I hope that my explanations were clear.

Regards

François

I now used the keytool from windows. Executed the same command as in my linux server:

keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore keystore.pkcs12 -srcstoretype PKCS12

-destkeystore keystore-name

But what now? I copied the keystore to finalfeaturesjre.win32.win32.x86_64.feature_1.7.0.u25jrelibsecurity

I don't know what to do.. Still the same error

I tried some things. Now I don't receive an error about my certificate. But I have following error (after import certificate into keystore). I refresh my connection and I receive following error:

org.apache.http.client.HttpResponseException: Not Found

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.RESTv2ExceptionHandler.handleException(RESTv2ExceptionHandler.java:65)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.ARestV2ConnectionJersey.toObj(ARestV2ConnectionJersey.java:35)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.RestV2ConnectionJersey.getServerInfo(RestV2ConnectionJersey.java:108)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.RestV2ConnectionJersey.connect(RestV2ConnectionJersey.java:99)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.ProxyConnection.connect(ProxyConnection.java:61)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.WSClientHelper.connect(WSClientHelper.java:70)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.WSClientHelper.connectGetData(WSClientHelper.java:96)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.action.server.EditServerAction$1.run(EditServerAction.java:95)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)