We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Dynamicly alter hight of crosstab

sjoerd.jump

Working on a set of reports I notced thats its not possible to adjust the height of a crosstab Dynamicly.

i have to generate a bunch of different reports but all with the same number of crosstabs. But not al these crosstabs have the same number of lines.

To improve the reports' maintainability i would like to adjust the height of the crosstab dynamicly.

The following does NOT work:

Paste a Variable into the height field:
Paste the variable into the xml. 
<reportElement uuid="xxx" x="0" y="600" width="1703" height="<![CDATA[$F{ct_1}]]>" />

anyone has an idea?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Report element height attributes is mandatory and represents the size measured in pixels. This value cannot be set through variables. At the report run time, height is calculated dynamically, but the element cannot be smaller than the originally specified fixed height.

Let me put it this way :)

I have 2 crosstabs in 2 reports

in report 1 crosstab the height is fixed to 150 px. So i know where to place crosstab 2 (+150px)

In report 2 crosstab 1 is 175 pixels. So placing crosstab 2 @ + 150 px will print the lines over each other. Thats what i'm struggeling with :-)

If that is your requirement, you can set the first crosstab height to 150 with position type to "Fix Relative to Top", and set second crosstab top position at 150 and position type to "Float". Give a try and this should solve your overlapping problem.