We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperReports Server Security

czupet
Go to solution Solved by Steve Park,

I am trying to apply security to reports in JasperReports server.

For example I have the following

2 Users and the following folders

Reports-

Folder1

Folder2

Fikder3

To my understanding if I want User1 to have read access to Folder1 and Folder2 I have to grant read access to Reports folder for User1 and then remove read access to Folder3

And for User2 I would add read accesss to Reports folder and remove read access to Folder1 and Folder3.

Is there an eaiser / better way of doing this?  Is there anyway I can avoid removing read access from folders and just add read access to folders i need?

Because if you have 20 or 30 folders under Reports and you want a user to have access only to one report you would have to add read access to Reports folder and remove read access to all of the rest of the folders.  There has to be a better way!

Thank You

Peter

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi Peter,

The security is set up to cascade.  For instance, if you set the reports folder permissions, they should cascade through all three subfolders.  Then you would override the permissions on the individual folders as needed.  If you're not already using them, I'd suggest using roles as well.  Then that way you could have multiple users assigned to a role and not need to set permissions for all of the individual users.

I hope that helps.

Steve

Thank You,

I am already using ROLEs, but I wish the security worked like Windows file system.

For instance in Windows you don't have to have read access to the root folder and still allow read access to one or more subfolders

Thank you for your answer it really helps.