We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to pass a collection to the sub report for using as a parameter.

kavita.negi

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a query that returns the name of employees

select emp_name from employee ,it returns 5 names and the type automatically of emp_name is string. While Showing in main report ,the whole report iterate for each record.

I want to know that is there any way to pass these employee names as a collection to subreport .I am trying too much bu could not find any solution it.

Tell me whether it is possible or not .Or we have to use some other datasource to create it .

Hi,

well you could either pass the report connection to the subreport and (re)call the data from datasource with the same query again (if it's needed at each employee level from MasterReport again)..... or you could also collect all your employee  names into a variable (e.g. via add($F{name}) method for ArrayList<String>) and pass this variable to a subreport via parameter at the end of the master-report (e.g, summary band or a dummy groupfooter band). There you could evaluate the parameter again and design your SubReport as needed.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. http://community.jaspersoft.com/sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/wink_smile.gif

thth + regards from Germany

C-Box