We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Difference in the data when deploying the report on Jasper Server

pankaj2.kumar
Go to solution Solved by pankaj2.kumar,

Hello all,

I have created a report on the iReport 4.0.1 and deployed the report on Jasper Server 5.0. 

The reprot is running fine and showing the correct data when i execute the report on the iReport but when the report is deployed and executed on the Jasper Server then some of the columns value become "NULL". I donot know why is this happening.

Please let me know if i am doing something wrong and suggest an appropriate procedure so that there should be consistent data on the ireport and jasper server.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself have created the report.

The main problem is that the report runs fine on iReport Designer but as soon as i deploy it on Jasper Server. All the columns and the number of rows remain same but the data inside the row displays as NULL.

I have same database on the Jasper server also.

Please let me know if there is any preventive measures

Hi,

If you provide input control then check for same values on iReport and Jasperserver.

Or try to fire a query without input parameters on iReport as well as Jasperserver.

Give a details that you used in query like multiple dataset, Subquery, hyperlink etc. then we can think about problem.

Yes, I have used the input controls in the report. I have executed the report at both the places with the same input controls.

I have try to fired the query without the input parameters but it doesn't work. Struggling with the same issue.

In the Report I am using single dataset, in the single dataset i have used multiple subqueries and no hyperlink is involved in the report.

This is all i can provide you about the report.

Please let me know if there is any preventive measures

I know you said you double checked the same values on the input controls.  But also ensure that the input control name matches the parameter name in your report.  Secondly check the data connection.  Does the server have the proper connection.  Can you test this DB connection with a simple report to ensure its working.  If that works, check the table with a simple report.

• Solution

Hello all,

I have figured out the main problem which was occuring in the report. The issue were the parameters of the report that were not consistent in the report.

The parameters were not matching at the execution on the Jasper Server. But as soon as i make them consistent in my report the issue resolved and the data is same as that was present on the report on iReport .

Thanks all of you for your effort and valuable answers