We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

installation wont start

jasemilly

HI I have downloaded the cp-5 of jasperserver to have a look at on a box running centos 6.2.  I downloaded 32bit file and have changed the properties of the file to execute by right clicking on the file in the GUI.

In the gui when I double click the file nothing happens, same thing at a terminal.

Unsure where to look what logs to look at as I get no error message of any sort.

A month or so ago I downloaded 4.7 on ubuntu and I didn't have any issues what so ever.

what can I do?

thanks

Jasemilly

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to download WAR deployment project file.

Jaspersoft supports only manual install on Centos as per supported platforms list http://www.jaspersoft.com/sites/default/files/Jaspersoft%20Platform%20Support%20V5.0.1.pdf.

Update default_master.properties file and run the manual install steps with js-ant under the buildomatic folder.

Good luck, hope it's up shortly!

Actually, both should work. WAR file bin.zip package (jasperreports-server-cp-5.0.0-bin.zip) is good because it is platform neutral (can be used for any linux, windows, mac, etc).

But there *is* a binary (all automatic) installer for linux for both 32bit and 64bit. Here is the name of the 64 bit installer:

jasperreports-server-cp-5.0.1-linux-x64-installer.run

Here is the 32 bit installer (ie older x86 intel cpu architecture):

jasperreports-server-cp-5.0.1-linux-x86-installer.run

Perhaps you linux system is actuall a 64 bit machine. A 64 bit linux can support both 32 and 64 bit - however that is not always true. Some linux 64 distributions do not include the 32 bit share libraries. And if this is the case, this might be the problem you are seeing.

In general, you can check you linux cpu type with a command such as the following:

uname -a

In my case, with CentOS 5.4, I see the following:

Linux myhost.jaspersoft.com 2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:28:30 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

In this case, my machine is "x86_64" which means it supports both 32 and 64 bit.